2020 Mountain Cat Alpha One
- ALPHA ONE SINGLE-BEAM REAR SUSPENSION: Our single-beam rear suspension unlocks more maneuverability than any mountain snowmobile in history. Up here, there's only one alpha. See video link for additional details.
- FOX® FLOAT QS3 SHOCKS: ALPHA ONE suspension is easily adjustable for ride and intensity with FOX FLOAT shocks: from the three-position QS3 on the ski and front arm, to a semi-locking QSL on the rear, you get easy adjustability for maximum deep-snow performance.
- 8000 SERIES C-TEC2 ENGINE: New for 2020, the next generation 8000 Series C-TEC2 engine delivers a new level of clean Arctic Cat 2-stroke engine performance and technology. This new 794 cc C-TEC2 twin features include new cylinders, pistons, combustion chamber, flywheel and fuel rail; new fuel calibration strategy and Arctic Power Valve system with 3-stage control of the auxiliary exhaust ports via side valves; ECM-controlled electronic oil pump; batteryless EFI; Exhaust Pop Temperature Sensor (EPTS); knock sensor; engine reverse technology. This advanced new technology designed by Arctic Cat and built in St. Cloud, MN delivers ultra-clean, more responsive performance, enhanced power in the 165 hp class of engines, precision oil injection, precision oil injection and exceedingly robust and lightweight design.
- AMS FRONT SUSPENSION: Arctic Mountain Suspension is tailor-made to maneuver in deep snow. The lightweight, forged-aluminum spindles sit at a 27 degree spindle caster angle, providing optimal ski camber for off-trail cornering and more predictable counter-steering when side-hilling. They’re built to reduce drag, while the dual-phase alloy-steel A-arms are lightweight and durable.
- POWER CLAW TRACK: Power Claw Track is built lightweight, with a single-ply design and a 3.0-inch pitch — all so you can master deep snow runs. Its stagger-set, curved-forward paddle towers won't fold over or take a set, and Attack 20 paddles let you float over the deep stuff.
- GOGGLE HOLDER: Mounted right in the dash for quick access, this integrated goggle holder keeps a key piece of gear safe and sound.
- LED HEADLIGHT: Ride until the sun goes down — then keep riding, with this premium LED headlight for night riding.
- ADJUSTABLE 35.5-37.5 IN. SKI STANCE: Easily adjust your ski stance in seconds — keep it wide for the trails or narrow through the trees.
Manufacturer - Arctic Cat
Model Year - 2020
Model - M 8000 Mountain Cat Alpha One 154
Model Code - S2020M8HABUSS
Color - Silver
Length Overall - 132 in.
Height Overall - 50 in.
Width Overall - 42.5-44.5 in.
Weight Dry - 446 lb.
Engine & Drivetrain
Engine 8000 C-TEC2, 2-stroke
Cylinders - 2
Cooling - Liquid
System capacity - 5 qt.
Displacement - 794 cc
Bore x Stroke - 85 x 70 mm
Fuel System - Dual stage injection
Starting - Manual
Ignition - Digital controlled CDI
Engine stator output - 270 W @ 3000 RPM
Lubrication - Electronic injection
Drive System - Arctic Mountain Drive System
Drive Clutch - TEAM Rapid Response II
Driven Clutch - TEAM Rapid Reaction BOSS
Drive Sprocket - Track - 7 Tooth, 3.5 pitch, Exvolute
Clutch Calibration - 6,000 - 8,000 ft.
Reverse - Push-button engine
Transmission - Gearing - 19/50
Chain pitch - 96
Exhaust - APV with tuned pipe, pipe sensor and stainless steel manifold and muffler
Brakes - Stealth hydraulic master cylinder with lightweight caliper
Fuel Type - Minimum octane - 91
Fuel Capacity - 10.4 gal.
Oil Capacity - 3.25 qt.
Handlebar - Hooked with grab handle, 4.5 in. riser
Instrumentation - Deluxe digital - speedometer, tachometer, odometer, fuel, coolant (indicator light) and hours
Oil indicator light - Only available on select models - digital clock, battery voltage and altimeter
Seating or Rider capacity - Lightweight mountain
Skis - Type - G2 ProClimb - Width - 7 in.
Runner type - Single with carbide
Ski Stance - Adjustable - 35.5-37.5 in.
Track Type - Power Claw 3.0
Track LxWxH - 154 x 15 x 3 in.
Pitch - 3.5 in.
1 in. Mountain height windshield, 12V outlet, goggle holder, hand and thumb warmers, ice scratchers, sport front bumper, lightweight mountain brake disc, vertical steering and tether switch
Safety Features - LIghting - LED with accent light
Shocks - Ski, front / rear track - FOX FLOAT 3 QS3
Front Suspension - Arctic Mountain Suspension (AMS) - Travel - 7 in.
Rear Suspension - ALPHA-ONE - Travel - 14 in.